[dba-Tech] Low-Level Format

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:00:50 CDT 2014

After much toil and trouble, I managed to get my old desktop to boot (into
Windows 7) once again. For some reason, I'm having a helluva time getting a
dual-boot setup to work (the other boot being Linux). Rather than risk grub
wrecking my setup, I think that this time I'll install Linux on a USB thumb
drive and set the boot sequence to look there first, the DVD drive second,
and the hard disk third. Not precisely what I had hoped for, but 32 gig
thumb drives are dirt cheap now, and I would guess that 64 gig drives are
not much more.