[dba-Tech] Reading characters from images

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 25 10:54:17 CDT 2014

Hi All:

Here is a very interesting technology. The ability for your web browser to read characters right out of images. Not all browsers have the ability to utilize the Project Naptha plug-in but most of the modern browsers can.

I am using a FireFox browser and the page tells me that my browser is not supported but it can read writing out of the example graphic any away...so maybe that feature is now built into the latest version of FF. I believe that both Chrome and the latest versions of IE also have this capability.

http://projectnaptha.com

Aside: This goes to show how weak software password protection that utilizes the Captcha (http://www.captcha.net) type graphics really is...which I have used on a number of sites.