[dba-Tech] How to revive an XP POS PC

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Aug 21 03:55:49 CDT 2014

Hi Arthur

I don't, but I do buy non-expensive workstations with Xeon processors and 12+ GB ram. The trick is, that the built-in Intel P6000 graphic processor is fast enough for me (no gaming), thus I can save the cost of an optional graphics adapter and buy SSD drives. A marvelous combo - life it too short for slow machines.
My home machine always runs the latest Windows preview (soon Windows 9) while my office machine runs the latest official Windows (currently 8.1).

/gustav