[dba-Tech] OT: Re[2]: Administrivia - DBA List Holiday Party (Fund Drive) Invitation

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 09:26:08 CST 2014

Being now retired and living on a decidedly limited pension, my
contribution will be small compared to others', but at least it's > 0.

Regarding the talk about the possibility that our site may have outlived
its usefulness, I disagree. Granted, there is much less activity on the
AccessD list than in previous years, but that IMO is no reason to kill the
goose. Rather, I think there are two reasons for this: a) many of us have
learned an enormous number of tricks and techniques for Access development,
and no longer have to ask how to achieve something; and b) Access itself
seems to have lost steam, and consequently many of us have moved on.
However, the Hardware and Software Issues and the OT lists remain quite
active.

Perhaps a solution may lie in creating some new lists, that reflect the new
directions we have taken. Some subjects that come to mind include Word and
Excel, C#, JavaScript/jQuery, and general web development. As for me, I am
concentrating my energies on Alpha Anywhere. I think not many of us have
made that choice, for various reasons, but that might also serve as a way
to attract new listers to join us.

Any thoughts on this?

Arthur
​