[dba-Tech] .NET/Windows applications memory (leakage) and performance profilers

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Dec 20 03:32:23 CST 2014

Hi Shamil

The only one I've heard of is ANTS but it doesn't say much as I've never had need for such tool.

However, I believe the Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate will run for 90 days in non-registered mode, so that should give you amble time for debugging. If not, install it in a VM; after 90 days, delete and recreate the VM with a new install of VS. It's perfectly valid - in fact, if you watch some of the MVA courses, the instructors often run non-activated/registered Windows and software even though you would expect them to have access to all the licenses they could need.

/gustav