[dba-Tech] A new graphic program builder

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 11 04:06:41 CST 2014

Hi all

A very recent attempt (still in beta) has been done for creating apps for
Windows 8: Microsoft Project Siena.
It's interesting as it focuses on retrieving and displaying data from remote
sources using methods that should be familiar to a power Excel user (no
Access here):

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dn518139

The video is only a few minutes but gives a better impression of the tool
than the description. Of course, working with the examples is the better way
to go.
The generated code is claimed to be JavaScript and HTML5 so it should be
possible to customize.

The project is by itself a Windows App so you must run Windows 8+ to take
advantage of it.

/gustav