[dba-Tech] Send SMS From Mobile Into MS Access Or SQL Database

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:55:55 CST 2014

To all,

I am working on a little project, which if works has potential to become
quite big.  This however involves a learning curve for me in developing
applications for mobile phones but I am sure I can get to grips with this.
 The way I see this working is that the user will enter a code and message
on the phone application (or even just send it as an SMS which saves me the
mobile application piece) and press send and this message will be stored in
a MS Access or SQL Database, the part I can't see is how the message will
get from the phone application into the database, I can't seem to see a way
of avoiding a third party software.  I envisaged the application to send
the message as an SMS and appear in an email, where my server side
application would scan for new emails, then if found would write some of
the contents to the database.

Is this possible to achieve without a third party software solution,
bearing in mind that the phones sending the SMS could have a variety of
providers as in O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile etc etc.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at googlemail.com