[dba-Tech] Apache Web Server

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Feb 17 11:22:42 CST 2014

As a general rule, you should never connect a WIndows workstation directly tp  the internet.

What you do depends on what your "broadband box" is (what sort of internet connection you
have).

If it's a modem of some sort, you should spend a hundred bucks or so and buy a
WAP/router, Then connect your PC  through that.  Current SOHO WAP/routers have easy to
manage browser interfaces which let you configure a firewall, port forwardin g, wireless
access etc.

If it's an ADSL router or similar, it should already have the above capabilities built in.

--
Stuart