[dba-Tech] Outlook.pst question

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 25 11:42:40 CST 2014

Hi Arthur:

I think Outlook can handle 2GB of data without problems...but if the version you have installed is like older versions when that 2B limit (or what ever limit it currently has), the oldest messages are added to an auto-generated archive of the current Outlook data file.

It can be a real pain. Use to have a steady Insurance/Mutual fund company support contract and for the local sales staff emails, we just kept attaching any newly generated archives to the Outlook list. The problem was of course that it could be a real slow process when trying to find a contact over a year ago...and some of the agents had emails that went back over ten years.

Gmail has definitely resolved that problem.