[dba-Tech] TechCrunch: Intel’s Vision: Wearables Everywhere In A Post-Windows World

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Jan 7 06:31:13 CST 2014

 Hi All --

I've been waiting for Jim to comment on the subject news but he seems to be on a short vacation :) .
So I'm taking this opportunity to post a link on a news, which ("full computer the size of an SD card") was announced even on our local FM rock-/pop-classics music radio:

"Intel’s Vision: Wearables Everywhere In A Post-Windows World"
http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/07/intels-vision-wearables-everywhere-in-a-post-windows-world/

It sounds exciting. Time to finally get LAMP stack installed and studied here heavily?
"How can you run Windows on microcomputers that retail for a fraction of the cost of Windows to an OEM building a new PC?" - this is an open question from the subject article.
And I wonder will the today's Intel announcement force MS Windows to get open sourced?

Thank you.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль