[dba-Tech] Privacy and the web

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 9 12:43:39 CST 2014

Hi All:

It appears that we have lost our ability to have privacy. The web consumes all we have ever posted or all that has ever been posted about us, forever. The use of that information so the advertisers can direct us to products and requirements that we may want is the up side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQtCnYkp1UM#t=2481

The downside is of course those who want to control, monitor and analyse us. The previous link was published before the world was aware of the many versions the NSA. This type of business is not so much as to protect the people as it has a far greater potential to be used to control them and the temptation to abuse this power has always proved too great.