[dba-Tech] Google's Dart

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 18 22:18:37 CST 2014

Hi All:

Google is now focusing on its new protocol/environment called Dart. It seems promising but I am always concerned when a company feels that it is in such a position of power that it is capable of forcing the market to comply with its objects. (The whole industry has already been set back a number of years as before another company decided it could rule them all and they could create standards without consultation.)

I am as much intrigued as I am concerned at this point:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/17/dart_1_1_matches_javascript

Maybe your future on the net is Microsoft's Visual Studio or is it Google's Dart?

https://www.dartlang.org/tools/