[dba-Tech] Google's Dart

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 19 14:46:17 CST 2014

Hi Shamil:

Definitely food for thought.

I am not familiar with asm.js but it is definitely worth investigating. Is it similar to args.js?:

http://autographer.github.io/args.js/

I have been looking through the Dartjs system and like yourself have concerns with it. Google is obviously fully behind it but... I have been going through the examples and being intrigued by not only the access, as you would guess to Googles products, but the methods used to build web pages.

First you create a simple web page layout, add an ID or two and then stuff the functional content directly into the page. Is this the new way to do web pages?...not that I find this bad; just different. Thoughts?

http://runnable.com/UoLwdWnmMS0kAAAr/fetching-data-using-jsonp-with-dart2js

I have been using Adobe's Dreamweaver for years but have recently have been just hand-coding. Maybe it is time to give Adobe's new web suite another chance?

My direction, in development is going to be with products that run on all platforms. That may limit some applications but most companies are building systems that will support all environments.

Observation: If I was starting out in the development business, I would be very hesitant to get too aligned with any particular company and would try to own any technology that I would base my career on. So without trying to label a particulars products potential, longevity or stability; "cautions" is the key word.