[dba-Tech] Database future

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 20 11:18:51 CST 2014

Hi Stuart:

Are you noting how poorly the article was written or do you feel Big Data is just a passing phase? I will agree that the writer is not going to be winning any prizes. If you doubting the growth of Big data, just like Climate warming, it is no longer a question or even point of contention, it is a done deal.

I would expect many mixed messages in the article as it is a grouping and projection of a number of studies. Regardless, the implementation of Big Data solutions is a large hot spot in the computer industry with many of the best paying jobs are going there.

For small companies this technology will never be used, at least not directly, but for any sizeable industry or governments, the implementation is in full swing.