[dba-Tech] Incredible kid

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jan 26 03:18:48 CST 2014

Hi Jim

Great! It reminds me of my younger days when I dissambled old radios to find out how the worked (well, after that they didn't) and built, say, an "echo chamber" from a small speaker from a transistor radio, a selfmade spring from cobber wire, and an crystal pickup with worn-out needle from a record player. It worked but the sound was, of course, awful.

Or the famous scene from Apollo 13 where the chief engineer presents to the team of engineers a table with replicas of "what parts we have available in the capsule - assemble these to fix the oxygen supply within x hours."

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 26-01-14 5:20 >>>
Here is a link to an incredible kid who came from Sierra Leone builds his own electronics from junk. He built his own radio station and shares his channel on the internet as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLOLrUBRBY