[dba-Tech] SkyDrive Morphs Into OneDrive

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 14:07:39 CST 2014

It was the whole word SkyDrive that was in dispute, not just Sky. But
Canadian law, at least, is concerned more with possible confusion of
products than with duplication of names. For example, Apple gets away with
calling a computer Macintosh, since there is little doubt that a buyer
could order a barrel of Macintoshes and end up with a barrel full of
computers. There are only so many names, after all.

This reminds me of a bit from one of my favourite novels, JR, by William
Gaddis, in which two boys are looking at a horse and someone says it's a
Mustang. JR says to his friend, "That's weird, naming a horse after a car."

Arthur