[dba-Tech] Windows will rise again.

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Wed Jan 29 17:47:27 CST 2014

I've had no troubles with the Windows 8/8.1 OS. Some of the apps annoying
bounce in and out of desktop mode but as I've stated many times: Over the
last decade Microsoft has released the finished product every second
version. The first version of something new is an incomplete transition from
the old model.

Windows 95 (incomplete) - Windows 98 (finished)
Office 95 (incomplete) - Office 97 (finished)
Windows 2000 (incomplete) - Windows XP (finished)
Office 2000 (incomplete) - Office 2003 (finished)
Windows Vista (incomplete) - Windows 7 (finished)
Office 2007 (incomplete) - Office 2010 (finished)
Windows 8 (incomplete) - Windows 9 (finished?)
Office 2013 (incomplete) - Office 2016 (finished?)

They throw a herring in there every now and then too (Windows Millenium!
Outlook 98, Office 2002, etc.)