[dba-Tech] Adios Adobe?

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Tue Jul 8 13:01:28 CDT 2014

I Adobe Reader because it's the standard. Turn off the auto updates and it
won't nag you.

Apparently no one that uses other pdf readers is worried about pdf exploits
so why not? Every other pdf reader I've used also need updates because
nothing, it seems, is exploit proof. (I actually have an updater service
that checks on all of my MS and 3rd party products so I turn off all
auto-updaters.)

BTW Windows 8 has a PDF reader built in so you don't need anything
additional.