[dba-Tech] Hard drive cloning

Tydda Jon - Lonza Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Fri Jul 11 08:36:08 CDT 2014

Hi all

I'm thinking of replacing the very slow (5400rpm) 1tb hard drive in my laptop with a much faster SSD, sacrificing some storage space (that I don't really use anyway). I can do the mechanical part no problem, but how do I move the Windows 8.1 installation from one drive to another without breaking anything?

Last time I did this was about 7 years ago, and I used Norton Ghost to make a backup to another hard drive, which I then swapped out. What software should I use now?

Jon

This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged information the use of which by other persons or entities than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from your system.