[dba-Tech] Basic Comparison of C# and Apple Swift Programming Language Syntax

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 10 14:18:27 CDT 2014

Hi Shamil:

I always am encourage by a new programming language and it looks like Swift is very mature even though it is a relatively new addition to the suite of languages.

That said, if I was in the development business, I would be very tentative with the prospects of honing Swift skill sets. To the best of my understanding, that language is totally OS dependent and I think the days when a developer bets his or her future on a single environment are over. C# runs or can be made to run virtually everywhere so why would any programmer invest in the Swift language other than as an intellectual exercise.

So in summary, IMHO, Swift is a powerful language but maybe a little too late to the scene and maybe a little too limited in its scope.

Basic Comparison of C# and Apple Swift Programming Language Syntax "

http://pietschsoft.com/post/2014/06/07/Basic-Comparison-of-C-and-Apple-Swift-Programming-Language-Syntax

Apple's new Swift programming language looks very similar to C#, actually IMO it's something like:

C# - 80%
Pascal - 15%
Python 5%

:)