[dba-Tech] Win7/DHCP question

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 07:57:04 CDT 2014

Recently I had to replace some hardware and then re-install Win7 on my old
machine. Now I have to re-setup its internet access. I have a cable-modem
and a router. According to my ISP support guy, what I should not do is
attempt to set it up using the "Connect to the Internet" option, but rather
use DHCP and tell it to automatically receive an IP from the router. It's
been so long since I've had to do this that my mind is blank as to how to
do so.

Can someone give me some direction here?

Thanks in advance.

--
Arthur