[dba-Tech] Brutal Crapware

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:22:13 CDT 2014

Somewhere, somehow, I picked up some crapware that is without doubt the
rudest I have ever encountered. When I'm running Chrome, every few minutes,
a very loud commercial appears in a window in the lower right corner of the
Chrome window -- no matter which tab I'm on. Yes, I can close these
annoying little bastards, but they are sooo distracting (which, from their
point of view, means they are a success).

These ads do not appear in FireFox. I don't know about IE since I seldom if
ever use it.

I suppose that I could un-install Chrome and then re-install it, to see if
that cures the problem, but before doing so, I thought I'd ask whether
anyone knows what this intrusive software is, so I can put it out of my
misery once and for all.

--
Arthur