[dba-Tech] Attaching 14 Monitors on Windows 8.1 with USB

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed May 21 17:02:51 CDT 2014

 Hi Gustav --

Yes, your monitor price looks comparable to the DELL one, actually Philips 272C4QPJKAB/00 is ~USD100 cheaper here than  Dell UltraSharp U2913WM  .

As for 2560 x 1080 resolution for 29inch DELL vs. h 2560 x 1440 resolution for 27inch Philips - the latter one seems to be preferable for software development tasks?
And Philips seems to be using two+ times less energy - 38 WATT vs. 90 WATT.
And Philips has embedded web cam, speakers, two HDMI ports but it doesn' have USB ports....

But DELL is larger with sides ratio 21:9 vs. 16:9 for Philips...

BTW, I'm planning to attach the monitor to my laptop  ASUS N76VZ with  NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. Would that video card be enough for the subject DELL or Philips monitors?

Thank you.

-- Shamil