[dba-Tech] Cloud computing aka "The future is trying to kill you"

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat May 24 11:18:17 CDT 2014

Hi Arthur:

I have been hearing about that for a while. There is now so little margins on software (much of it is free), support services are very competitive and add to the woes where Cloud rates have been plunging. The little companies are far less vulnerable while large businesses that have to support a huge infrastructure in buildings and multiple levels of managers, will have problems. I would suspect that some of the companies that you have named will have to seriously change the way they do business or disappear.

Check out Jeremy Rifkin: "The Zero Marginal Cost Society" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-iDUcETjvo ...very interesting.