[dba-Tech] Get your Windows 8.1 updated

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat May 24 19:14:41 CDT 2014

Ah! I found the name of the start button replacement that I currently use.
It's Classic Shell and can be found at http://www.classicshell.net/. A
Google search reveals that there are several such replacements. There's a
review of six replacements at
http://www.howtogeek.com/127699/6-start-menu-replacements-for-windows-8/. I
chose Classic Shell for no other reason than it was the first one I came
across. Now that I've found this review,l may have a read and decide if any
of them offers features that Classic Shell does not.
​
A final note: you can configure Windows 8.1 to boot to the desktop and
avoid the tiles completely, except for accidents.

Arthur