[dba-Tech] Dynamic embedded references in Word

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun May 25 06:25:51 CDT 2014

That subject may not describe exactly what I mean. I'm working on a Word
document that contains a number screen captures, whose captions all
resemble this:

Figure ##: bla bla bla

When I go back and decide to insert another picture anywhere but at the
end, the captions automatically renumber themselves from that point on.
Nice.

However, the accompanying text typically contains a phrase such as:

The Home form, as illustrated in Figure ##, is bla bla bla.

My question is this: how do I render the ## in the sentence fragment so
that it's dynamic, like the captions? So that when I insert a new picture,
this and subsequent references will be renumbered, along with the captions?

TIA,
--
Arthur