[dba-Tech] Give your Linux a Mac makeover

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 16 14:26:32 CDT 2014

Hi Stephen:

I have been running the app Cairo-Dock on my Linux and it an exact copy of the Macs menus. It is a bit of a pig (written in python?) though for some reason but I am sure a good 64Bit rig with 8GB of RAM will dismiss that concern. Docky does take a smaller footprint, has more features (like questers) and is aimed more towards tablets and phablets.

I have been looking at the latest developments that are being currently worked on in the Ubuntu camp and I think they are quite impressive. The new desktop is aimed at allowing developers to easily add their product into the new structure and this new structure will allow the GUI to easily adapt to any hardware...phones, tablets, desktops. Check the following video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRG7EYHW54