[dba-Tech] "Search App by Ask" Add-On - how to remove it from IE 11?

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Mon Oct 20 10:31:32 CDT 2014

Shamil,
I see it a lot. It comes prepackaged with many apps from a wide array of vendors. Two that I use that have included it In the past are Piriform's Ccleaner and Auslogic's Disk Defragmenter - both had it as an option during install. If the silent install option is used Ask Toolbar would get installed by default. I had used a script with silent install for both. Ccleaner now has updating built in and offer a 'slim' download which doesn't include any optional software. I turned the silent off for Auslogic's DD in order to avoid having to uninstall Ask Toolbar.
John B