[dba-Tech] Install unsigned drivers in Windows 8/8.1

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Sep 4 03:05:34 CDT 2014

Hi Jon

Exactly my thinking.

I can add, that though I'm the admin on our network, I never work as such, partly because the default settings of Windows 8.x is that - logged in with admin rights - you are not automatically having the network drives assigned as normal users have by the logon script.

Thus, whenever something has to be installed, I'm being asked for my admin credentials. You get used to it, and actually I find it right that nothing "serious" gets installed "just like that".

/gustav