[dba-Tech] Outlook 365

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 14 20:11:23 CDT 2014

Hi Mark:

Just an aside: A number of (old) clients, who host their own mail are moving to Zimbra. As the client is browser based there is no need to attached to a desktop or any OS. I have heard of offices who have been moving their mail server to a private cloud service through either a hoster like DigitalOcean where a droplet be easily setup:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-vmware-zimbra-open-source-on-a-digitalocean-droplet

...or through the client's OwnCloud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mRJWOl7rdA

There is a free trial and community versions (it is also OSS): http://www.zimbra.com/downloads