[dba-Tech] DVD ripper for Windows 8

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 17:52:29 CDT 2014

On 2014-09-15 3:52 AM, Gustav Brock wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> Yes, it is as if the same engine is skinned in 47 varieties - all with a Start button down, right - and offered by a myriad of web sites. One version is free and useless, and the paid version costs about EUR/$ 40.00.

I have a clean copy downloaded a couple of years ago. The build is from
2004, it rips a couple of encrypted DVDs a week onto a 64-bit media
server running Win7 Pro, and remarkably /never fails/. It's
byte-for-byte identical with another DVDshrink instance that's been
running on an XP machine for ten years. Haven't tested it in Win8 but it
should run at least in "compatibility" mode there. If you want it, I'll
email it to you.

PB

-----