[dba-Tech] Unidentified thumb drive

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 26 18:53:15 CDT 2014

Hi Arthur:

Unless your computer(s) have at least one USB 3.0 port each, any between transfer of major data is going to be slow and unstable.  That is why a laptop will never be able to replace a good desktop/server with a host SATA and SSD drives and a real LAN (not a WiFi) connection.

Then there is that pesky USB thumb-drive FAT32 issue where no file over 4 GB can be stored. Formatting the drive to NTS or Fatx just adds more compatibility problems.