[dba-Tech] Encryption options: Windows 7 Pro

Jon Tydda jon.tydda at lonza.com
Fri Apr 10 02:17:24 CDT 2015

Hi John

To check if your drive is encrypted, open a command prompt and type:

Manage-bde.exe -status c:

You'll get a reply telling you the size of the hard drive, which version of Bitlocker you're using, and whether it's encrypted or not.

You can enable/disable from the command prompt too:

Manage-bde.exe -protectors -enable c:
Manage-bde.exe -protectors -disable c:

Jon