[dba-Tech] Website Structure Question

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun Apr 26 10:19:39 CDT 2015

Thanks, Jim and Rocky,

I think I have some of it figured out.  A couple of months ago, my
provider changed servers.  The new root directory for the website was
named httpdocs, and everything got copied into that new directory,
including a copy of httpdocs and its contents.  I've done a little
cleaning up and things are looking much tidier.  I will be watching to
see if redundancy creeps in again.  I remember that there was quite a
bit of built-in redundancy in sites built with Microsoft FrontPage, so,
I was sort of trained to expect it, but, this was way too much. Part of
the difficulty stemmed from the fact that VSD wanted to use a certain
naming structure and Tina wanted to use another.  Both got used, then
multiplied by the new root directory for the website files.  Whew!

Best,
TNF

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com