[dba-Tech] The price of free Windows 10

John W. Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:54:45 CDT 2015

You know that makes a good point.  What does MS intend to do with
Government?  I would guess no government in the world would install this.

I have been reading article after article trying to get a handle on
exactly this issue and it appears that it is EXTREMELY difficult to
disable all of the spying, and in fact may simply not be possible. And
if you do then many of the "features" get disabled as well.  I would
have no problem if the OS collected this data and STORED (AND PROCESSED)
IT LOCALLY, but shipping it lock stock and barrel to the cloud is a show
stopper for me.  And sharing it with anyone that MS pleases means that I
will simply NEVER go there.

What were they thinking?

In fact for the first time in my life I am considering just wholesale
move to Linux for the future.  The absolute, explicit and acknowledged
collection of every single thing you do is something I personally am
just not willing to do.  The y went from c wholesale crappy interface to
a wholesale crappy data collection policy.  This is just another bomb in
my estimation.

John W. Colby