[dba-Tech] speeding up Outlook

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 14:27:46 CST 2015

Thanks Jon -- all that makes good sense and it's what I discerned on my own,
but I thought I'd ask first. Things used to be much simpler and now, you can
do something and end up with a lot of trouble and lacking the knowledge to
fix things. :) I just spent 30 minutes in Airplane mode and couldn't reset
it. Finally found the fix on  a Dell site -- I had accidentally used a
function key combo that disables Wi-Fi and you can't reset it using
interface options -- you have to use the toggle key combo to set things to
right. Amazing that Windows couldn't point me in the right direction. I was
jumping through option hoops and getting nowhere fast with Windows help. :(

It's like sewing -- measure twice, cut once -- I've learned to ask first
before committing because no telling what limbo I'll find myself in because
of some little feature or nuance I didn't know a thing about.

Susan H.

Hi Susan

As far as I'm aware, the Social Connector is used when you want to have
Outlook open mail from a Hotmail/Outlook.com account. If you're not using
them, then you don't need it open.

If you're not using Exchange, SharePoint or OneNote, I'd say they're pretty
safe to disable too.

The only thing I find that causes any lag when I use Outlook 2016 on
W10 64 is the antivirus addin, so Outlook routinely disables it for me... Of
course, I have to keen re-enabling it!

Jon