[dba-Tech] BitTorrent Sync as the main files' sync solution and fallback solutions

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Feb 14 04:42:05 CST 2015

 Hi Gustav --

Thank you for your reply.

I have just checked - OneDrive doesn't support creating new Groups anymore.

http://windowsitpro.com/cloud/microsoft-onedrive-groups-gone

Using Groups to share data between a set of different setup configurations, one Group for every special set of setups - this would have worked best of all.
Without Groups it would still work of course. I will keep it as possible fallback solution.

And BitTorrent Sync free version does't need any registered accounts and cloud storage is never used. The latter option could be considered as advantage or disadvantage - I'm considering it as an advantage as in theory it allows to share very large files (I don't need this option currently). Also BitTorrent Protocol ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent ) is a key to optimize data transfer/exchange speed by using nearest pear to get files to sync, and BitTorrent Sync is able to sync only a changed part of file so, if, e.g., I will be writing to a file, only its "tail" part will be synchronized....

Thank you.

-- Shamil