[dba-Tech] The world of Windows 10

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 29 17:15:27 CST 2015

Have been playing around with Windows 10, trying to get it to work with a VMWare virtual drive, running on Linux.

I am quite impressed on how "pretty" it is and how little impact it has on the hosting machine. Regardless of this I was just about ready to toss it.

Getting it connected to the local DHCP, DNS and network was a real pain until I created three separate virtual LAN cards (bridged, NAT and Host), one using each of its three net protocols...now it searches out and connects to everything...every PC regardless of OS, routers, printers (network or shared), even the networks PS media server, which runs on address 5001.

It might be a worthy competitor to Linux, minus a significant number of features and applications of course, if it keeps going like this. ;-)

Still doesn't have or support any drivers though. Maybe by the time it is ready for official release, it will have more than 30 signed drivers. ;-)