[dba-Tech] reports of winxp death have been somewhat exaggerated

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 1 20:54:02 CDT 2015

Hi Petter:

I tend to agree...regardless of comments to the contrary, XP was a pretty stable product and as long as it is not expected to do web stuff, it is very safe. If MS ever gave an upgrade path to the XP users we would then see millions of upgrade requests...but that is never going to happen so I would bet there will be XP machines running long after I am gone. ;-)