[dba-Tech] Bad karma - a kind of punning, but not only - I have got an issue with nodejs' karma module while installing gulp...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Jun 2 14:44:50 CDT 2015

Hi All --
Following TypeScript course I have tried to install gulp but I have got setup error messages after running simple command line 'npm install gulp -g' . To solve the issue I have just decided to reinstall nodejs completely, I have done this reinstall, I have watched that all nodejs setup files were deleted by MS Windows "Programs and Features" uninstall program functionality, then I have installed nodejs back using the most recent setup I have got downloaded from nodejs.org.
But after running with a fresh nodejs setup a command line
npm install gulp -g
I have got the setup errors again - the text of errors are in the P.S. of this message. It looks like errors are caused by some out-of-date nodejs modules I have previously installed on my system in
C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules
directory. The contents of this directory are the following:
03/30/2014 11:21 AM <DIR> cloudnode-cli
03/06/2014 11:10 PM <DIR> express
01/16/2014 08:04 PM <DIR> grunt-cli
06/02/2015 08:55 PM <DIR> gulp
06/02/2015 08:44 PM <DIR> jasmine-core
06/02/2015 08:43 PM <DIR> karma
06/02/2015 08:45 PM <DIR> karma-jasmine
06/11/2013 10:39 PM <DIR> karma-ng-scenario
06/11/2013 10:42 PM <DIR> karma-requirejs
06/11/2013 10:36 PM <DIR> phantomjs
"bad karma" is here AFAIS. I'd like to make it "good" preserving the set of existing modules.
What is the quickest way to do that?
What are general nodejs community recommendations to repair nodejs modules' broken dependencies?
Thank you.
-- Shamil
P.S.
C:\Program Files (x86)\TOOLS\Far2>npm install gulp -g
C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\npm\gulp -> C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\gulp\bin\gulp.js
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\express\node_modules\connect\node_modules\multiparty\node_modules\stream-counter requires readable-stream@'~1.1.8' but will load
npm WARN unmet dependency C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\express\node_modules\connect\node_modules\multiparty\node_modules\readable-stream,
npm WARN unmet dependency which is version 1.1.11-1
npm ERR! Windows_NT 6.3.9600
npm ERR! argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install" "gulp" "-g"
npm ERR! node v0.12.4
npm ERR! npm v2.10.1
npm ERR! code EPEERINVALID
npm ERR! peerinvalid The package karma does not satisfy its siblings' peerDependencies requirements!
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer karma-jasmine at 0.3.5 wants karma@>=0.9
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer karma-ng-scenario at 0.0.1 wants karma@~0.9
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer karma-requirejs at 0.0.1 wants karma@~0.9
npm ERR! Windows_NT 6.3.9600
npm ERR! argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install" "gulp" "-g"
npm ERR! node v0.12.4
npm ERR! npm v2.10.1
npm ERR! Uncaught, unspecified "error" event.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR! <https://github.com/npm/npm/issues>
npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! C:\Program Files (x86)\TOOLS\Far2\npm-debug.log

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль