[dba-Tech] reports of winxp death have been somewhat exaggerated

James Barash james at fcidms.com
Wed Jun 3 13:39:13 CDT 2015

Our local commuter railroad has automated ticketing machines and I happened to see one reboot one day. It was running Windows NT. They do go out occasionally but most of the time they work reliably and most outages are caused by the central computer system, not the individual machines. Pretty impressive considering they are outside and exposed to weather and humans.

James