[dba-Tech] Microsoft is killing off the Internet Explorer brand

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 18 11:09:01 CDT 2015

It seems that Microsoft has finally had enough bad press due to IE explorer and is now re-branding the product.

<quote>
Speaking at Microsoft Convergence yesterday, Microsoft’s marketing chief Chris Capossela revealed that the company is currently working on a new name and brand. “We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser should be in Windows 10,” said Capossela. “We’ll continue to have Internet Explorer, but we’ll also have a new browser called Project Spartan, which is codenamed Project Spartan. We have to name the thing.”
</quote>

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8230631/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-brand