[dba-Tech] If you're looking for an MS Windows VPS cloud solution this one is good. Tested.

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 20 12:26:50 CDT 2015

Hi Gustav and Shamil:

I could be reading this wrong but it appears the one main difference between AWS and Azure is that Azure is a fixed price calculation. You have to pre-purchase what you think will be your requirements. If you have calculated accurately, your needs are consistent and you are only going to be using MS licensed products, Azure may be the way to go.  OTOH, according to the AWS's EC2 video, it states that you as a customer can make "on-the-fly" requirement changes at any time and only pay for what they use at any given duration and the licensing of third-party products is your concern. If costs are a major concern, your business is continually scaling and you are using a variety of applications and operating systems, AWS may be the best choice.

IMHO, small clients would be better served by keeping away from these giants. The old axiom of computer service, is always try to match customer size to support size as disparity always ends with poor service and poor cost value.