[dba-Tech] If you're looking for an MS Windows VPS cloud solution this one is good. Tested.

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 20 14:43:37 CDT 2015

Hi All:

An interesting aside: Just the other day, an owner of a company, invited me to coffee and thanked me for introducing his company to Linux. Even though I only updated a third of the equipment and not even the server, I had exposed him and his employees to this new environment. After my initial install, the employees embraced the OS, upgraded all their computers to Linux and built a new server. According to the owner, they have full-time automated backups, a fail-over server and a number of staff members that can support the system. (he is even sending some to school at the local college to learn more about their chosen environment.) He said the new systems saved him a fortune, he has had no viruses or malware and everything just works...stable as a rock.

Only companies that have more than one office or need external data access really need Cloud services. OTOH, unless a company is "all-in", with the network maintenance, security and the staff and owner are at least moderately computer literate, migration to the Cloud might be their only salvation.