[dba-Tech] hour one with win10

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 16 15:28:43 CST 2015

On 2015-11-16 3:04 PM, Gustav Brock wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> Perhaps you have joined the HomeGroup. You wouldn't need a run command for that - go to the network settings.

It's in Computer Name & Workgroup dialog, which can be got to with
sysdm.cpl, except that they've removed Run from the Start menu and
instructions on their web page for getting to it are incorrect.

Simplest way I found; click the search icon, type Run, right click on
'Run' in the list that comes up, and add it to the taskbar.

For people like me, a good OS UI makes everything transparently
available. For corporate managers, a good OS hides everything except
what the manager is comfortable allowing her users to do. Guess which
group M$oft is playing to?

PB