[dba-Tech] MySQL gurus

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Wed Nov 25 14:51:27 CST 2015

Hi Susan,
Yes, I did create a System DSN without issue. The only problem was with
Access importing the data using the ODBC connection. I found the problem was
that I had created the DSN in the 64 bit ODBC Manager, which is what is
linked to in the control panel. I had to go find the 32 bit ODBC Manager app
in C:\Windows\sysWOW64 folder. Once I did that I created a system System
DSN, which used the 32 bit MySQL driver, opened the ODBC connection in
Access and everything came through flawlessly.

All of that just to bring in a SQL data dump from my RMS system so I could
search through my hundreds of client computer inventories to see who had the
Dell Foundation Services installed so that I could inform them of the recent
security certificate issue. I don't run the Dell Foundation Services updates
automatically (trust issues - apparently with just reason ;-) but I do have
home users that own Dell machines and I did find a few that have Dell
Foundation Services running on their machines.

Thanks for your help.
John B