[dba-Tech] Black Saturday

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat Nov 28 13:53:20 CST 2015

I've been putting off installing an SSD in my main box but Frys had a nice
deal on an SSD - OCZ Trion 100  SATA III 2.5" (yeah, I got the mounting kit
to make it a 3.5") Toshiba TLC NAND Flash Memory, 240GB - $49.  Not the
fastest drive but good enough for my lightweight use. And it got me off my
butt to actually do this.

So I ordered it on line for pickup at the store, in and out - no shopping
hassles.

So now the installation.  I assume I can muddle my way through this but why?
I've got you guys.  :)

Any tips, step-by-step would be greatly appreciated.

I've got my W7 Ultimate CD so I can install the OS.  Guess I have to boot up
from that.  And somehow make the SSD Drive C: and the rotater drive D:.
Then reinstall all my apps (Office, AV, yada-yada) on the SSD, and copy over
my data?

How do I delete the OS and the Apps from the old drive?  Or should I leave
them there?

MTIA

Rocky