[dba-Tech] Apple's move to Ireland

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat Nov 28 19:01:18 CST 2015

Let's start with legislation.  The companies aren't doing anything wrong.
Their job is to maximize shareholder value.

Why would a company voluntarily choose to not take advantage of something
that could save them tens of millions of dollars which at the same time
would put them at a competitive disadvantage.

The companies are the wrong targets - they're doing what they were designed
to do - act in the interest of the owners - just like you would if you were
running a bakery.

The true target of your angst should be the Congress which made the laws
that allows these inversions.

BTW - do they have the same thing going on in Canada?

And are you going to sell those shares?