[dba-Tech] Weird problem with Dell Inspiron laptop

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 18 13:41:17 CDT 2015

Hi Arthur:

Unfortunately, I have no simple answer to your situation but it doesn't sound insurmountable...if this error hasn't been documented on the web. One note that I may say is that, traditionally, too many peripheral on a laptop will lead to problems unless you have a very top end product...laptops were never built to be used in this way...they are supposed to be lean and portable and high port usage will cause power problems. I have resolved issues by connecting peripherals one at a time when the machine has fully booted...don't boot with every thing connected as it could eventually blow something on the motherboard or fry a port or two...

IMHO, when using a lot of peripherals use a desk-top type computer as that is what they are meant for.

Of course you have a cat which could inadvertently cause all sorts of problems...I have a grandson who could challenge the best of techs. ;-)