[dba-Tech] Use a VM to create a disk image

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Mon Oct 19 17:13:41 CDT 2015

Here's a bit of twist, I have a Win7 client machine running an XP VM for an
app that does run on Windows 7. The serial communications device that it
needs to use has become increasingly problematic.

So, client wants to set up an XP PC and use it only for this purpose,
nothing else.

Problem is that they lost they install CD and there is no way to get another
as the company is gone.

Can I use the VM to create a disk image which will then run the hardware XP
PC?